Monday, September 5, 2016

NO PRIDE


























































/ BESMIRCHED \

It is fine, that is all ego.

Living's strange & vast.

Lactic acid painted burning&shining across my entire face.

---------------------------

"The more real things get, the more like myths they become. So certainly, if we can tell evil stories to make people sick, we can also tell good myths that make them well."

"Love is the best, most insidious, most effective instrument of social repression. I detest the idea that love between two persons can lead to salvation. All my life I have fought against this oppressive kind of relationship. Instead, I believe in searching for a kind of love that somehow involves all of humanity."*

-----------------------------







































If you've been forced out, just go into a deep, sweet meat--

THE RIG VEDA -- THE ELEMENTS OF SACRIFICE

4  Who saw the newborn one, the one with bones who was brought by the boneless one? Where was       the breath and blood and soul of the earth? Who can go to ask this from someone who knows?
6  Unknowing, ignorant, I ask for knowledge about it. What is the One who in the form of the unborn
    propped apart these six realms of space?
7  The cows give milk from his head; they drank water with their feet.
8  The mother gave the father a share in accordance with the Order, at the beginning she embraced         him with mind. Recoiling / she was pierced and flowed with the seed of the embryo. The reverent       came to praise.
11 The twelve-spoked wheel of Order rolls around and around the sky and never ages. Seven hundred
     twenty sons in pairs rest on it, O Agni.
14 The unageing wheel rolls out on its rim; the ten yoked horses draw it up the outstretched path. All
     worlds are kept in motion on the eye of the sun, that moves on though shrouded in dark space.
15 They say that besides those born in pairs there is a seventh born alone, while the six sets of twins
     are the sages born from the gods. The sacrifices for them are firmly set, but they change their
     forms and waver as he stands firm.
16 They are female, but people tell me they are male. He who has eyes sees this, but the blind one
     does not understand. The poet who is his son has understood this well; the one who knows it
     would be his father's father.
17 Beneath what is above, and above what is beneath, the cow went upward holding her calf by the
     foot. In what direction and to what half of the sky has she gone away? Where did she give birth?
18 Whoever here knows his father beneath what is above and above what is beneath--who can
      proclaim the source from which the mind of god was born?
19 Those that are in the future they say are in the past; those that are in the past they say are in the
      future. The things that you and Indra did, Soma, still pull the axle pole of space as though
     yoked to it
21 Where the birds sing unblinkingly about their share of immortality among the wise, there the
      mighty herdsman of the whole world, the wise one, entered me, the fool.
32 He who made him knows nothing of him. He who saw him--he vanishes from him. Enclosed
     in the mother's womb, full of progeny, he entered Destruction.
33 The sky is my father, here is the navel that gave me birth. The womb for me was between two
      bowls stretched apart; here the father placed the embryo in the daughter.
34 I asked you about the farthest end of the earth; I ask you about the navel of the universe. I ask
     you about the semen of the stallion; I ask you about the final abode of Speech.
36 The seven half-embryos portion out the semen of the world. Wise in their thoughts  and their
     heart, themselves surrounded, they surround it on all sides.

37 I do not know just what it is that I am like. I wander about concealed and wrapped in thought.
     When the first born of Order came to me, I won a share of this Speech.

----------------------------------------------

*But I guess you can only truly believe this kind of sentiment, productively, if you also just so happen to be Fassbinder. Or an ascetic.

No comments: